Nuclear Street - Nuclear Power Plant News, Jobs, and Careers
Search Nuclear Street
Search Nuclear Street
Nuclear Street News
Fri, Mar 15 2019
Subscribe by email
Foundation Slab Completed For Akkuyu Unit 1
The concrete pouring of the foundation slab of Unit 1 of Akkuyu NPP, first Turkish nuclear power plant completed on March 08, 2019, Russian nuclear project manager Rostatom said this week.
More than 17,000 cubic meters of the self-compacting concrete has been casted for the foundation slab. Self-compacting concrete is a non-segregating concrete that is placed by means of its own weight while preserving durability and uniformity.
Anastasia Zoteeva, chief executive officer of AKKUYU NUCLEAR JSC noted that the slab, "like all technological options used during the Akkuyu NPP construction," met with international and Turkish safety standards, including those established by the International Atomic Energy Agency.
Rosatom said construction of exterior and interior walls of the reactor building will be the next stage of operations related to Unit 1. Construction of concrete bases for the auxiliary reactor building and the emergency control room building are simultaneously underway.
AKKUYU NUCLEAR JSC obtained a Limited Work Permit (LWP) for Unit 2 of Akkuyu NPP in November 2018. Under the LWP, the engineering studies of the working documentation stage are already in progress; that document lets perform works at all Unit’s facilities but those important for the safety of the nuclear island.
The main construction license for Unit 2 is expected to come through this year. "Then we’ll proceed with concrete pouring of its foundation slab. All operation will be performed based on the lessons learnt during similar operations at Unit 1," Anastasia Zoteeva added.
Project goals for 2019 include finalizing the site terrain. As of today, 70 percent of the entire territory is ready. Rosatom expects the remaining 30 percent will be created by the end of the year.
In parallel with activities on the construction site, the package of documents for TAEK is in preparation for obtaining the construction license for Unit 3.
Anonymous comments will be moderated.
for free and post now!
Advertise With Us
Terms and Conditions
Other Energy Markets:
Renewable Energy Street
| Oil and Gas Street (Coming Soon!)
Copyright (c) 2019 NuclearStreet.com - A Media X Group Digital Property